The most common issues you may experience while moving a WordPress site are database import and transfer blunders, documenting file path mistakes, authorization mistakes and other such potential barriers.
It additionally requires a considerable measure of time and effort investment to set up another site. This is to ensure that everything is working precisely.
It gets less demanding to clone WordPress sites once you’ve done a couple at least. It’s an assignment that requires full focus and a decent couple of hours of your work hours.
This is the place a WordPress Migration tool proves to be useful. Instead of running down an entire agenda of all that you have to do, keeping in mind the end goal to move your WordPress blog manually, a WordPress Migration plugin will do everything for you.
That will bring about couple of speedy and simple steps decreasing the measure of time for each of the procedures to be finished.
Which one do you pick? I am going to go for Migrate Guru WordPress Migration plugin.
Migrate Guru gives WordPress admins the capacity to move, duplicate or clone site starting with one site onto the next. Additionally Migrate Guru underpins both serialized and base64 serialized string substitution.
You won’t need to stress over going down your database, pictures, modules and moving them all independently. Migrate Guru deals with this for you.
The best part is that the plugin is free!
Migrate Guru is different from other WordPress migration plugins because it uses a simple 1-step process that runs on BlogVault servers. This way, it doesn’t overload the live (source) website, and ensures that websites as large as 200 GB can be moved without any issues.
Migrate Guru claims to have the following features and they sound pretty much too good to be true. Let’s have a quick look at them.
- One-click Migration :Enter host details and click Migrate. Literally all you have to do is click! That’s it!
- Zero overload on source site: The migration process works on their servers, so it doesn’t crash your site.
- Large site capacity: Move or transfer sites as large as 200 GB effortlessly. Large site migrations usually fail because of live-site server import limits. There are no limits here.
- Zero add-ons: You don’t need any extras or add-ons to move multi-sites, or sites with serialised data. You are not charged extra for anything!
- Zero storage space required from your side:Migrate Guru automatically copies your site to Migrate Guru servers. After the migration is complete, the copy is erased. Your privacy is retained, at no cost for their storage space.
- Web host compatibility: Move your site to and from any web host.
- 100% Automatic Built in Search and Replace: Migrate Guru can easily handle serialised data with precise Search and Replace algorithms placed for your convenience.
- Timely notifications: You will receive real time email alerts to keep updated about the status of the migration taking place.
Here’s the easiest walkthrough for Migrating or transferring WordPress site from one server to another using Migrate Guru.
Nothing much, this is all stuff you already know.
- A domain with the new web host, with WordPress installed on it.
- Your destination server’s IP address (which can be found in your Bluehost cPanel)
- cPanel details
Note: It does not require any expertise. Only a basic knowledge of the server cPanel (i.e. backend) is sufficient.
Install Migrate Guru
To add Migrate Guru WordPress Plugin using the built-in plugin installer:
- Go to Plugins and in that, go to Add New.
- Type in the name of the WordPress Plugin, Migrate Guru or a related descriptive keyword, author, or tag in Search Plugins box or click a tag link below the screen.
- Once you find Migrate Guru, you have to install to install it.
- Click Details for more information about Migrate Guru and instructions you may wish to print or save to help setup the Plugin.
- Click Install Now to install the Migrate Guru WordPress Plugin.
- The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
Filling out the Migrate Guru migration form
The Migrate Guru plugin will give you a small form to fill up. The fields on this form are:
- Email: Enter your email address so that Migrate Guru canl send you updates at the two different stages of the migration.
- Destination Site URL: This is the URL of the site (domain) you’ve set up on your new web host.
- Destination Server IP address: This is the server IP address of the site configured on your web host account.
To find these details, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your web host account and go to the menu bar displayed at the top of the
- Click on Hosting and choose cPanel.
- After you are done with this, you will find the destination server IP address in the left-hand
bar of the cPanel page.
- To retrieve your cPanel Username and password perform this step. Your cPanel details are the details you use to log into your web host account. For the cPanel username, access the mail your web host would have sent you when you first signed up for an account. This email will contain your cPanel username. (The subject of the email would be ‘Welcome’). The cPanel password is usually set when signing up for web host service. It is the same password you use to login to your regular web host account.
Note: If you’ve forgotten your password, click on the Forgot password link from the login page. Your web host will then mail you a password reset link, which you can use to set a new password.
- Advanced Options: Click on this option ONLY if either the site being moved or the destination site are https:/‘ instead of http://.
Note: If the URLs of either one begin with ‘https://’, they are HTTP authenticated. If your web host domain’s URL is protected with HTTP authentication, you would have received an email with the validation credentials. These credentials can also be retrieved from the site’s server logs.
Now that you have all the required details, enter them in the Migrate Guru form. If you have any more doubts there is a Support and Help section over to the right.
Click on Migrate.
Awesome! You have finished all the required steps to migrate your website successfully!
After you click Migrate button, Migrate Guru will send you an email notification confirming that the process of migration has begun.
In the meantime, you will also be taken to a screen that portrays the real-time process of your website migration. A link to this page can also be found in the email notification sent to you. The screen will show some progress bars once the migration begins. You don’t need to keep your browser window open once the migration begins.
If you don’t see this screen, or if the migration screen reloads with an error message, then odds are that something wasn’t entered correctly. Or, if you just created your web site, it may take a little time before Migrate Guru can connect to it. Go back through the directions above, and carefully make sure each field is correct, then retry.
Once the migration process is completed, you’ll receive another email from Migrate Guru notifying you about the successful migration.
You can view your new site by clicking on the Migrated Site button, which you’ll also receive a link to in your email alert.
With this simple process, moving or transferring sites as large as 200 GB is so easy, you will not believe your eyes!
Basically, simply enter your hosting details and click Migrate. That’s all you have to do!
Migration Plugin Price
Here is the best part about this plugin in particular. The plugin is FREE! There is nothing to complain about now. This plugin does everything you need done, and you are not even charged for it.
Still did not get it? For a video tutorial, watch this!
If you have any queries you can contact the Migrate Guru team using their contact form at support page.
I hope you found this article and more importantly, Migrate Guru WordPress plugin, useful. I really do like it and use it all the time. It is the Go-To plugin for a lot of people as evidenced by its up and coming popularity as well.
If you have used Migrate Guru, let us know about your experience with it.
Get Migrate Guru here.